Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Tidal Pool Quilt Block Tutorial with Molli Sparkles!

One of the things I have done with quilting is test out patterns for other pattern designers. I really like checking all the details and making a new block or whole quilt while testing the pattern.

The latest was for Molli Sparkles. If you have never been to his blog you should check it out. Every time I read his blog he never fails to make me smile. He has a great sense of humor and is very talented at quilting.

This is the block I made while testing his Tidal Pool block tutorial.

I love the block and it was easy to follow his instructions and it turned out perfect.

The second version of this block is even better.
I really thought the addition of the small bits was such a cool look. I thought maybe I would keep making these and make a quilt of them. 
This is my third block (above). just a slight change in color and a less random placement of the small bits of peach. 

This was getting fun so I thought maybe I would try with a patterned fabric. Its OK but I am not that impressed. I like the solids better. What about you? Leave me a comment and let me know what you think. If you would like to make these you can go to Molli's site. His tutorial is great!! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment