Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Procrastination Ended

 This is a repost for most of you but I wanted to have it in my archive.

So, I have wanted to start a quilting blog for some time now and finally I have said, " ENOUGH PROCRASTINATING" to myself, so here it goes.

A bit about me. I am a self diagnosed Quilt-a-holic. It all began about 3 years ago when I was taken to a my local quilt shop,The Quilt Corner by a friend. I am not sure why she wanted to go there, but as I looked around the shop I remember looking at all the quilts hanging on the walls and thinking a few things. First I was surprised this shop hand remained in business for all the years it had. This store has been in my town for as long and I can remember and that's a long time. Second thought I had was there was NO WAY I could make one of the quilts on the wall. But I was inspired enough to buy a pattern to make a pillow.

Since then, I have been hooked on making quilts. I didn't even know how to quilt but I bought a pattern for a Block of the Month from an online shop who said it was beginner friendly. I was about 3 or more months into making that quilt that I thought maybe I should take a class so that I could finish it properly and learn to see if I was doing something wrong. When I told the teacher of the beginning quilting class she exclaimed, "THAT'S NOT A BEGINNER QUILT PATTERN!". I replied, "Well it is coming out good so far". I was happy that I took the beginner class, it provided me with invaluable material and I have referred back to her instructions often. Here is the quilt that I made in her class. Below, it the quilt that I had started before taking a quilting class.


.

I wanted to start a blog as a way to keep track of all my quilting adventures as well as some tutorials. I have had some people ask me if I teach quilting so this can be a platform to teach also.

I will be updating the blog as often as I can. I don't want to put a time limit on when I add a new blog post as I don't want to put any stress on myself. :-) This is going to be fun for me and not a JOB.



0 comments:

Post a Comment